Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Smile

Last night I was reading an article in the Deseret News about Mitt Romney and his family having a family picture made while they were on a vacation in New Hampshire.  I smiled when the reporter talked about the sons dancing around trying to get their kids to smile for the grandkids pictures.  Just two weeks ago we were doing the same thing and I was so touched by my adult children who were all dancing around behind the camera, calling their children's names and doing everything to make sure that the picture would be good.  For you who know my sons that in itself is quite remarkable!  I saw my daughter run back and forth when she was taking our family pictures after she set the timer so many times I know she had to be exhausted, but she kept a smile on her face the whole time. 

I think that experience made me think of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and all of our ancestors who have gone before us.  I know they are cheering us on in so many ways.  They want us to stay strong and to smile because great things are ahead for all of us if we just don't give up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment