Tuesday, July 29, 2014

We are going to New Hampshire!!!

This is a little late because we got our mission call almost two weeks ago but I wanted to talk about our upcoming experience!  We had asked to serve a foreign mission and assumed that we would so when we opened our mission call and it said New Hampshire Manchester Mission we were a little caught off guard.  That being said we know that every assignment we are given in the church is important and when we do what the Lord requires we will receive rich blessings as a result.  I saw that in my Cub Scout assignment as I grew to love some of the sweetest boys you can imagine and hopefully I played a part in giving them a solid foundation of love for Scouting.  If we had requested a states mission I would have been ecstatic to be called to serve in the northeast United States.  As we begin gathering up everything that we need for our mission and find our what we are going to be doing I am so excited and can definitely see that New Hampshire is exactly where we are suppose to be.  I'm so excited, nervous, and touched by what has happened to us since receiving our call.  I love our young missionaries.  They have been so encouraging to Scott and me about how important it is to know that we are going to our mission for a specific purpose and I realized as I have spent time with them that they are such an excellent example of that truth.  Our children have also been excited that we are not going to be quite so far away.

Our mission encompasses New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont.  Can you imagine a more beautiful area.  How lucky we are to arrive just as the fall begins.  Scott and I are assigned to records preservation and after a week in the MTC in Provo we will spend a second week at the Church office building learning about digital cameras and what we will need to do.  When that is complete we will drive to our mission which makes it possible for us to stop and see our children and grandchildren on the way!

So, New Hampshire Manchester Mission here we come!  We plan to do our best and hopefully help other people as we preserve the records of ancestors who are gone but should never be forgotten!

1 comment: