Friday, October 24, 2014

Names

I got my first name Elizabeth from my mother and my middle name came from my father.  When he was in the service during WWII a fellow soldier would sing 'my blue-eyed Elaine you're the sweetest thing...' and I guess my dad liked the song and I became Elaine.  I have been fascinated with the names on the probate records and started making a list of interesting names I find.  See what you think.

                           Eliphalet, Loan, Thatcher, Elwyn, Jewett, Sewel, Alwyn, Josiah, Silas,                                                               Betsey, Mehitable, Prince, Ichabod, Tuttle, Eben, Trustworthy,                                     Zebulon, MiriamCaleb, Isaiah, Noah, Abigail, Ruth, Jacob 

Okay, I did throw in a few that I especially love but I definitely didn't make these up.  Some of these kids were saddled with a hefty name!  Do you know why you have your name? 

No comments:

Post a Comment