Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Journey Begins

We were very excited to celebrate Caleb's birthday before leaving California.  As you know my Angela is an incredible party giver and she outdid herself for her cute little 3 year old.  When it got time to leave I think it finally hit me that there was no turning back so what else could we do but look forward.  Forward to a new adventure!  Of course we couldn't get into the swing of things until we stopped by and visited with Amy and Christian and the grandkids.  We were also able to celebrate Ruth's birthday.  She and Caleb were born on the same day.  I told Amy I had time for one project in her new house before we headed to Utah.  She decided that since school had begun a backpack drop-off space would be good.  Three days later everything was finished up and all she needed to do was some decorating of the area.  Fun times!  I wonder what we will work on when we get back?  After a beautiful drive up through Flagstaff and Kanab we arrived in Lehi and enjoyed some time with Bill and Cathy and the kids.  A special treat was having lunch at Rachel's new place of employment--Zupas, a soup and sandwich place.
               That evening Bill and Cathy had a dinner to attend and so we enjoyed some fun time with the kids at Trafalga Miniature Golf Center.  Grandpa and I watched and the kids played.  We also had a chance to have a sweet visit with our Rachel.  On Sunday evening we had a nice dinner with their family.  The kids made a big poster signed by each of them and decorated with balloons and crepe paper (I'm sorry I didn't take pictures).  Then it was time to say goodbye.  We stayed in Provo Sunday evening so we would be ready to report to the MTC the next morning and also so I wouldn't be crying when we arrived.  It worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment