Friday, November 7, 2014

I Confess!






































I love Molly Mormon and feel sad when I hear people disparage her.  She inspired me when I was a young mother because it gave me a goal.  I love her in my sixties because I have had glimpses of what great effort has meant in my life and to our families lives.  I am reminded that all of us need to live a little above ourselves and give it all we've got!

In the October 2003 General Conference President Hinckley said, "Now my dear sisters...you are doing the best you can, and that best results in good to yourself and to others.  Do not nag yourself with a sense of failure.  Get on your knees and ask for the blessings of the Lord; then stand on your feet and do what you are asked to do."
Recently I opened up an email that I receive from Inspiration For Moms written by Laura Tusken and saw this quote.  I knew immediately that this would be my new motto.  Thank you Amy for dressing it up a little for me!  I plan on having this on a wall in our apartment while we serve here in New Hampshire and I intend to ask myself --Were you awesome today?  When I can answer yes I will celebrate a great accomplishment and when I have to say no I will "get on my knees and ask for the blessings of the Lord; then stand on my feet" and try a little harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment