Thursday, November 6, 2014

No Place Like Home!

I truly love the beautiful houses in New England.  Every time we go somewhere we pass another unique home that was built in the late 1800s or early 1900s.   On Sunday after church Scott and I drove around so I could take pictures of some of them for you to see.  I focused on the area right around Concord's downtown Main street because these are older houses.  I think in the spring I will branch out and show you some of the other beautiful neighborhoods that are here.  Another unique thing about these houses is that most of them are literally a few steps away from the road.  Having big yards seemed to be available only to the wealthier residents.  I also noticed that there was often different entrances which probably made it possible to rent out a room or two.  I love all of the beautiful colors that people use here--a white house with black trim or a bright bright yellow with a bright blue trim or a pale green with orange trim.  I think in the snow these houses will really cheer me up!














No comments:

Post a Comment