Saturday, November 29, 2014

When My Name Was Keoko

Another great historical fiction.  It was written by Linda Sue Park and it tells of a little girls experience growing up in Korea under Japanese occupation.  I am always embarrassed by how little I know about what has gone on in the world and I am trying to right my lack of knowledge.  The book is 192 pages long and is a quick read.  It is always interesting to me that when I am reading something and I think that it was just the authors imagination.  I then find out that it actually did happen.  There were many stories in this book that were just like that.  At the end of the book the author explained many of the historical facts she had found out when she was gathering the information to write the book.   I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in Korean and Japanese history.

No comments:

Post a Comment