Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Bomb

Now you know--I listen to my grandkids and when they recommend a book I try to read it.  So glad I did because Lincoln's recommendation to read Bomb was great.  It told the story of the development of the atomic bomb.  I am surprised that I enjoyed it so much (in fact, I could hardly put it down) but it was really interesting.  Even more fascinating was the intrigue of Russia who apparently had spies all over the country while the bomb was being developed.  One of the stories that I found so frightening was about a young scientist who worked on the bomb in Alamogordo, New Mexico. He made a conscientious decision to betray his country and because of him and several others the plans for the atomic bomb was in the hands of Stalin almost before World War II ended.  Even more interesting to me was that he never spent a day in jail.  You have to  read this book, it will be well worth your time.  Thank you Lincoln.

No comments:

Post a Comment