Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Happy Birthday, Brother Joseph

Scott and I went to the Joseph Smith Memorial last night to celebrate with other members of the Church the birth of the Prophet Joseph Smith.  The area is so beautiful and this time with all of the lights, the nativity, a special musical program, cake and punch it was a lovely evening.  I thought as we drove home last night that Joseph Smith has been gone since 1844 and yet there are still people so intent on destroying his reputation and using him as an excuse to walk away from all the good that was done as a result of the restoration of the gospel.  I for one love him, admire him, and follow him as I do our current prophet Thomas S. Monson. When grandpa was growing up he told me his favorite song was Praise to the Man and as he sang it to me last night the words went deep into my heart.

Hail to the Prophet, ascended to heaven!
Traitors and tyrants now fight him in vain.
Mingling with God, he can plan for his brethren;                                                                           Death cannot conquer the hero again.

For all the dissenters I will echo the words of the hymn--Wake up the world for the conflict of justice. Millions shall know "Brother Joseph" again.  I have had the privilege in my life of experiencing the fruits of this gospel our family embraced when I was ten years old and it is still so, so sweet!  Happy Birthday Brother Joseph.




No comments:

Post a Comment