Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Wearin' of the Green

I have to start by saying that I love St. Patrick's Day--but I was surprised to see what a big deal it is here.  I'm talking about parades, New England boiled dinners, Irish music playing, people with green hats on, and stores with isles of decoration and items for St. Patrick's Day and most importantly a special St. Pat's Day doughnut from our favorite (only) doughnut shop--Dunkin Donuts.  Love it!  I remember our great office staff  at Green Tree East school (Yvonne and Pam) that made a stack of green construction paper clovers to pin on kids who forgot to wear green to school so they wouldn't get pinched.  That was the extent of the celebrations in Victorville.  I did contribute to the festivities today at the Archives with my mint chocolate chip cupcakes with a green mint frosting and a Andes mint perched nicely on top.  What else could I do?  I am Irish--thank you Grandpa Hickey!

No comments:

Post a Comment