Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Gerlene Olive Ogzewalla Duncan
Elizabeth Jane Hickey Lambert






















It is at this point in my life that I think I can almost understand what incredible women these two were.  Nothing came easy in the time that they were growing up. They endured a depression that rivaled nothing that any of us would have understood.  They lived through a war that was devastating and far reaching. They raised children and gave them everything they could give them.  They worked hard and they seldom complained.  They loved us and they were so proud of all of us. So grateful for my mother and so grateful for my mother-in-law.  Wish I had understood better when they were here on earth so I could have told them every time I talked to them that they were my role models and that I loved them.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful tribute to your mothers and boy do you look like your momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute to your mothers and boy do you look like your momma!

    ReplyDelete