Saturday, September 5, 2015

I Tried It--Kind Of!

I'm not a big fan of fish but since we were coming to New England I made a commitment that I would give it a try. Since being here I have had some great fish and chips and fried shrimp but just couldn't bring myself to try the lobster.  Since they are always talking about lobster rolls around here I decided that I could at least try that when we went over to Maine today.  We drove up the coast to Cape Elizabeth to a highly recommended lobster shack and after about 15 minutes just trying to find a parking place we headed over to a long line waiting to order.  The appeal to me was that they had other things beside fish so I could have a back up plan!  The area is beautiful.  You can see a huge lighthouse just up the hill from the restaurant.  You can sit outside while you eat and enjoy the ocean breezes and see the beautiful Atlantic ocean.  There are numerous tide pools where the kids were having a great time discovering different sea life while they waited for their lunch.  When we got to the window I ordered one lobster roll (just $20.00!), a hot dog, coleslaw and onion rings and then we waited for our number to be called.  The good news was that I did take a bite of the lobster roll (thank you Scott for sharing) and the other news was I tried a lobster roll but won't try again.  It just isn't my thing but the hot dog was fine.  The lunch was not a waste of time because they were selling homemade strawberry-rhubarb pie and we decided to splurge on that--YUM!!!--that experience was a great success because now I can tell everyone I have had rhubarb and I really like it!


This was the line at 1 p.m.--apparently it is always busy.

Lighthouse at Cape Elizabeth

Pictures a little blurry but behind the fries is the lobster roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment