Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Spiritual Emergency Kit

I listened to a woman being interviewed on the Mormon Channel.  She had experienced divorce and was single for a number of years before marrying again.  She talked about things she learned about herself from the experience.  She mentioned that a mentor encouraged her to put together a "spiritual emergency kit" so she could go to it when she needed to have her faith bolstered.  I loved that idea so much that I have been thinking about what I would have in my kit.  I have even looked for a nice box in which I will keep my materials together.  In my spiritual emergency kit I will put my patriarchal blessing (which will help me remember that Heavenly Father knows me and he wants me to know myself).  A set of scriptures (because holding them and searching through them gives me incredible strength).  Talks I have heard and loved (because they have given me spiritual insights and strengthened my faith).  I will put some music that I love as well (because hymns transport me closer to Heaven).  I am going to have pictures of each of our family in my box (because each of them make me want to be a better person).  I am going to get our mission call and put it in as well (because I need to be reminded that God knows what is best for us and we have to trust Him). This is only the beginning of my quest for starting my spiritual emergency kit.  The possibilities are endless and eternal.

2 comments: