Sunday, December 13, 2015

Did You Know?

I loved a program that I have been hearing about a lot this year called "Wreaths Across America."  Each year since 1992 wreaths have been placed on soldiers graves starting in Arlington, Virginia and now has spread across the United States and other parts of the world where our soldiers have been buried.  Last year there were 716,000 wreaths placed at the gravesides of soldiers who have served their country.  The organization who sponsors this program--Wreaths Across America have a website and I read in their mission statement that their goal is to Remember*Honor and *Teach.  In one of the videos I watched the person made the following statement about this program: "In life they honor their country--in death we honor them."  This is going to be a program I will support every year.  Today I drove out to the Veterans Cemetery and took a picture.  It was a beautiful sight equal to seeing the cemetery on Veterans Day when each graveside has an American flag by it.  I am so grateful to the people who have made this program possible so we can have an opportunity to express our gratitude to them as well.
New Hampshire Veterans Cemetery

No comments:

Post a Comment