Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Grateful

As a school class project our grandson Jeremy colored thank you cards and wrote little messages in them for the veterans for Veteran's Day.  Jeremy worked really hard and made about 10 of the cards. One of his cards went to a gentleman who after receiving the card came by the class to show his appreciation for it.  He gave Jeremy a Coast Guard sweatshirt and a shirt.  He also gave the whole class plastic bracelets and pens.  The story reminded me of the Savior asking the leper where are the others?
I am so proud of Jeremy but I am also proud of that wonderful veteran who came to say "thank you" to a third grader.  I don't know his name but I know that he reminded me that even the smallest act of kindness should be acknowledged and appreciated. If you are in a position to say thank you be sure to take the time to do so.  The clerk in the store, the man who held the door, the child who smiled at you, the driver who motioned you in.  It may take a second but could make all the difference.  It did for my sweet grandson!


1 comment: