Sunday, January 3, 2016

Missionary Moments #70-Jan 3, 2016

The folders came in and we are back to work which is a huge hooray for us.  I projected a completion date for the county we are working on and it was February 2018.  It is sad to realize we will leave behind a project that we only got to the tip of the iceberg, but don't worry, we will leave this behind to be able to see all of you again.  I don't know if a new missionary couple will be called to replace us but if they do they will have a wonderful project to carry on.  This week was especially nice at the archives because the Elders and Sisters all came in and worked with us in preparing the documents for capture.  What a blessing this mission has been for us as we have had such wonderful opportunities to interact with these amazing young adults.  It is humbling to realize that in just a few weeks Perry will become Elder Duncan and join the ranks for God's army.  

New Year's Eve was very interesting.  It began that morning when we walked out of our apartment building and I hit a patch of ice and slammed to the ground.  It was so painful that I didn't have time to be embarrassed!  After getting up I decided to walk through the snow instead of the sidewalk so I would have a little padding if I fell again.  Thank heavens I had some aspirin which helped me make it through the day.  By the evening the medication was no longer numbing the pain and so I took two Advil PM about 7:00 and by 9:30 we were both in bed and sound asleep.  Needless to say the New Year came in very quietly.  In fact if there was any excitement around our apartment complex we slept right through it.  On New Year's Day we kicked it up a small notch and went to a lunch of Mexican food at our new found restaurant and then did some grocery shopping.  Beyond that is was NCIS reruns and crossword puzzles. Even better than that--we had a wonderful day.  We are creatures of habit and are proud of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment