Sunday, February 14, 2016

Aunt Edith

I love my Aunt Edith.  I think I loved her because my dad loved her so much.  She was a kind and lovely woman who loved her Savior. Whenever we went to Texas we always stayed with her and her family and we always felt welcomed.  She always had a big smile on her face and her laugh would bring a smile to your face because it was so full of joy.  My dad use to say to me, "You have your Aunt Edith's hips!" and believe it or not I took that as a great compliment because I adored her.  From my Aunt Edith I saw first hand what forgiveness would do for you.  She was raised by a woman who probably was ill-equipped to be a step mother and because of that my dad always felt she was the epitome of the wicked step-mother.  In spite of their past, my Aunt forgave Miss Edna and showed the utmost respect for her which was something my dad was not able to do.

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 Aunt Edith died after eight years being cared for by her daughter Mary. She was buried on February 13, 2016 next to her love, Uncle Ray.  She had Alzheimer's disease.  It is such a comfort to know that she is again with Uncle Ray with a full memory of all the wonderful things she did while still here on earth. She was a blessing to her family and definitely a blessing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment