Thursday, February 4, 2016

Things I Will Miss

Hopefully the last snow before we head home!
As our time approaches to pack up and head back to California I have been thinking about the past 18 months.  There are so many things that we have loved about New Hampshire and the surrounding area but when we leave I think these are a few of the things I will miss the most.
  • The Friendly People--You can't believe how friendly and welcoming the people of New Hampshire are.  Everyone always has a kind word and a friendly smile.  Each day I drive to a nearby Burger King and love hearing, "sure darling!" come on up to the second window.  In our ward several families have gone out of their way to welcome us and have invited us into their homes for dinner and conversations.
  • The Gracious Drivers--The first time someone stopped and waved us into the flow of traffic I was so impressed.  What amazed me even more is that it happens all the time.  If you mess up they aren't laying on the horn, they just wait for you to figure it out.  
  • Our Missionaries--I can't explain how amazing these young people that leave family and come out and serve are. I feel so honored to be around them.  I have seen them laugh, cry, joke, pray, bless, and teach.  And I have been SO impressed!  I will never look at missionaries the same.
  • The Archives--I have found out so much about myself each day as we work at the archives.  I remember the first week we started and I thought to myself, "how will I ever be able to do this every single day?!"  Now each morning when we start working I express gratitude for the precious moments to reflect, adjust, wonder, plan, learn, and enjoy. 
  • New Hampshire--What a beautiful place to live.  The seasons have been glorious and I will never forget the beautiful weeping walls in the spring, summer and fall, and those same stunning walls of ice each winter.  I have never seen so many shades of green, so many flowers that seemed to magically appear, and snow so bright and white it blinds you. 

    I have loved the white trees after a snowfall!

2 comments: