Thursday, April 7, 2016

What's Cookin!

It's a dream come true to be able to cook with a grandchild.  While on our mission I was fascinated by how many of the missionaries didn't know how to cook.  Elders actually were more confident in the kitchen than many of the sister missionaries.  I decided that when I got home I would try and contribute to the cause by spending time with Ava in the kitchen.  She would know how to cook because both of her parents are great cooks and they keep the kids involved in much of their meal preparation.  My goal was to spend time with Ava so she would grow to love cooking as much as I do.  So far so great!!!  Our first project was learning about different kinds of cookies and we started with drop cookies, then bar cookies.  Coming up will be refrigerator cookies, and molded cookies.  I did tell Ava that when we finished that we have to get away from the sweets for a while!  I am proud to say that she is a natural and the time we spend together has literally sped by each week.  At the end of each lesson we take treats around to share our bounty with our friends.  It has been a win-win!


No comments:

Post a Comment