Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas Concert!!

A year ago we attended a production of the Nutcracker presented by the Boston Ballet Company.  You would think that couldn't be beat but today we discovered that it was definitely not the case.  This afternoon Scott and I drove to Irvine where we attended a Christmas Concert at Concordia University in which our grandson Owen was a part of.  What a phenomenal program!  From the moment it began it was magic and I heard some of the most beautiful singing and listened to an absolutely accomplished orchestra made up of students and apparently local members of the community.  I think I can say that the program had me sitting on the edge of my seat totally transported into the Spirit of Christmas.  The only complaint I had was there should have been several times where the students should have been given a standing ovation. Honestly they were phenomenal.  Owen wore numerous hats today as he switched from the choir, to the trombone to the drums and not to brag to much--he was exceptional in every role.  I hope that until Owen graduates from college we can make this a regular part of our Christmas traditions!








No comments:

Post a Comment