Sunday, January 22, 2017

Chapter Closed

There are several things that Scott has always loved doing.  Crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, reading, and gardening.  Recently he said that he would like to do a jigsaw puzzle so we went to Walmart and bought him a 300 piece puzzle to do.  In the past he would work tirelessly on a much larger puzzle but not anymore. That was fine because he could see the results of his effort much sooner with a smaller puzzle.  Unfortunately, the task was to much for him and after a couple of days he lost interest and so I put it away.  I thought it would help if I put the straight edges together for him so the first night after he went to bed I framed the puzzle.  He didn't seem to know that I had done it for him and he sat down to work on it again.  I suggested that he may want to put the similar colors together like he use to do.  I went off to do another project and when I came back he had made stacks of puzzle pieces and then spent a good deal of the time moving them from one pile to another.  It kind of broke my heart.  I am surprised by how he seems to accept everything without complaint.  He is truly such a sweet person and I wish there was more I could think to do to help him.

No comments:

Post a Comment