Wednesday, February 22, 2017

800-222-1222

If you don't know poison control's number you do now.  I found that out when Scott swallowed hydrogen peroxide.  I explained to him that after he brushed his teeth he needed to gargle with the hydrogen peroxide and then spit it into the sink.  Unfortunately, he missed the gargle part and swallowed the peroxide right down.  Yuck!  I had left to put my shoes on and when I came back I realized that he had misunderstood and then I grabbed the bottle and it said, "if swallowed call poison control,"  hence I now know the number!  Before I called I had him drink a lot of water which I found out when I talked to the person on the line that that was the right thing to do.  I was told to make sure he didn't lay down for at least an hour because he may throw up and they didn't want him to have any go into his lungs.  He didn't have any problems as a result--but I don't think I will get past it any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment