Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Sweet Sounds

If you have known Scott for many years you would probably describe him as a very serious person and that would have been an apt description.  When he would laugh about something it always tickled me because I knew that something had reached far inside of him and let him relax a little and enjoy a special experience. He also spent very little time in front of the television.  In fact he admitted many times that if he would have had it his way we would never have one.  Now he spends most of his day in front of the television from the time he gets up in the morning until he goes to bed at night.  I plan time each day to get us out of the house so that he can have other distractions but when we walk in the house the television has to come on.  I tell you these things to explain a silver lining that I have been experiencing.  Scott laughs!  So many things make him just burst out laughing and although I don't think he always understands what is going all he seems to relish the absurd.  I have grown to love that sound of laughter and I am so grateful that I get to experience so many things through his eyes now that he can enjoy even a moment of happiness.  Just thinking about his laughter makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment