Monday, March 20, 2017

I Smiled Today

My last two posts have been pretty down and this morning I knelt in prayer and asked for the help I needed to see the good and feel capable of doing the work that is needed now to take care of Scott.  I almost daily pray that I can be kind and with Scott that is something that in the evening I can express gratitude because I did accomplish much to make Scott happy and comfortable.  This afternoon I was at the stove making spaghetti sauce for our dinner and all of the sudden I had this incredible feeling of joy--so much so that it made me smile.  I realized that I love taking care of my sweet husband and that even with the challenges I am never alone in accomplishing this task I have been given.  I know that in a minute I can pick up the phone and call any of my children or my friends and will receive instant comfort as I sense the love and concern they have for both of us.  But just as important I realized today that I received comfort from our Savior who understands and loves me even when I don't always love myself.  One of the great blessing we have is being able to serve others.  How blessed I am to serve my eternal sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment