Saturday, June 10, 2017

I Love This Guy!

In spite of all the things that are happening with Scott's illness it seems that every day I am reminded how much I love him.  Because much of his memory is gone he often does interesting things.  He always says to me, "I need to do something!" and so I try to find little projects for him.  Like vacuuming which he was always the best at.  On Friday morning I was cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry, and just doing some general cleaning when he came and asked what he could do to help.  I mentioned that he could vacuum.  I then got the vacuum out and plugged it in and told him where I would like him to vacuum.  I then walked down the hallway to the bathroom but didn't hear the vacuum so I went back.  He was in the living-room just vacuuming away but hadn't turned it on.  Today I had a few mini oreo cookies in my hand and he asked what I was eating.  I replied that they were cookies and would he like some.  He said yes but not very many.  I gave him two.  Later as I was preparing dinner I opened the refrigerator door and on top of a pat of butter sat a tiny little oreo cookie all by itself!  When he said not to many-he meant it!  Another cute thing he does is each day he takes a walk a short distance and then back to a car.  Although I told him not to go off the sidewalk he gets to the spot where he is suppose to turn around and come back he walks down the slope and reaches up and embraces the brick cornerstone before coming back to the car.  I know as you read this you probably feel sad and that is okay because it is.  But in spite of that I love all the things he does in spite of the incredible obstacle that has been put in his way.  I have said it many times and I hope I will be able to say it many more time--he is so kind, and I love serving him because he is serving me with little snippets of joy each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment