Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Years Resolution

Be Grateful through the Journey!

I don't have a list of goals for this coming year.  I was listening to one of my favorite people, Dennis Prager. He had a guest come on and talk about her amazing father who was battling brain cancer and she said that her dad was so positive in spite of all the trials he is dealing with.  She said his goal was to be "grateful through the journey!"  My list stopped right there.  I will focus on doing the same thing through the coming year.  I do occasionally lose my good intentions and snap at Scott or lose my patience and I feel terrible when I do.  I realized recently how many times in the past year I have had impressions of special experiences we have had together in the past.  One was looking out the kitchen window when we lived in Kingman, Arizona and there was Scott marching around the back yard pretending to play the trombone with Bill, Andy, and Ben marching behind him playing along.  I thought of the first garden he grew in Kingman that was magazine perfect and overwhelming because it produced so much food.  We could hardly stay ahead of it.  I think of him laying beside Amy each night reading her so many wonderful books and me telling him it was time to stop so she could get to sleep.  Those are just a few of sweet moments that I am enjoying.  I know that many more special memories will come as he slips farther away.  Those memories will help me be "grateful through the journey!"

No comments:

Post a Comment