Sunday, July 21, 2024

Oh Pioneer!

July 24th is an important part of our church history.  Today I attended church with the Whitney's so I'd be home to watch Owen being installed and ordained which was going to happen while my church was meeting.  I'm so glad I was there to see what the children in Primary did to celebrate the Saints coming into the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847.  Aunt Amy serves as the President of the organization and she worked with the music leader to make it a special activity for the children to remember those early pioneers who after being driven from Nauvoo, Illinoise walked across the plains to begin a new life in Utah.  Aunt Amy made the campfire! The kids sang pioneer songs, and the Bishop came dressed for the occasion and shared a message of those courageous pioneers!  Today your cousin Owen is going to begin a journey to serve the Savior in Florida.  He is a pioneer!


No comments:

Post a Comment