Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Canada to Maine Day 7

Today was our last day on Canada. Before everyone got up I went to a nearby nature area and did some birdwatching and hiking. I saw a racoon which didn't stick around for a photo and some huge brown slugs that did. I finally got a good look at a Red-eyed vireo. Once we were ready to go I took Caleb to the Aquarium of Quebec. They had exhibits on seahorses, jellyfish, local area sea life and a huge polar bear. While we Aquariumed the ladies shopped. From there we got our final Canadian meal so crepes were on the menu. Back on the road we had one more stop to make at a nature preserve called Domaine de Tascherau. There was a fancy church right by the entrance. Then Caleb and I ventured off to explore only to quickly get chased off by mosquitos. I got bug spray and returned but Caleb was defeated and rested in the car instead. As a consequence there was no one to make me stop so I explored the boardwalk trails, the tree level elevated path and saw lots of fun wildlife. I saw my second colored slug of the day (yellow), butterflies, flowers, frogs and birds. After that we headed for the border to end our time in Canada. Canada was really neat. It was interesting to hear everyone speaking French but everywhere we went people were able to help us in English. The people seemed friendly and there was lots of beautiful things to see there. Once we left Canada we just drove to our hotel in Bangor in preparation for our trip to Acadia National Park.



















If you see a moose Andy be sure and take pictures.  We were there are 18 months and even went looking for them with no luck!  Did see a lot of wild turkeys though!  

No comments:

Post a Comment