Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Clip Joint!

The last time I took Scott to the barber shop he didn't handle it very well.  I had put it off as long as I could but today was the day to face our Goliath!  On the way there I had an idea that actually worked.  I had him wait in the car and then I went in and talked to the lady who cuts his hair.  I let her know that he was in the car and I would keep him there until she was done with the hair cut she was giving.  I then went back to the car and told him that she would come out and get him when it was his time for a haircut.  Fortunately, there was a little toddler getting his hair cut and he could see her working on him and he enjoyed that a lot.  Once finished she came out and waved for us to come in.  It was great and she was (and is) always very nice to Scott.  He only asked me once if he could get up and when I told him she was almost done he handled it pretty well.  I love people who come into your life (if only briefly) who are willing to go the extra mile and show compassion for a sweet man who in different circumstances would have been the perfect customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment