Saturday, June 16, 2018

Ministering

Sometimes I feel pretty isolated as a caregiver to Scott but this week I was again reminded that there are so many people who haven't forgotten us even though we aren't attending church like we use to.  Karen Sinclair, the ward Relief Society President, came and spent time with us on Wednesday.  In our conversation I mentioned that we haven't left the valley for a long time.  I said in passing that the only bad thing about that is there isn't a Chick-fil-a nearby and I miss their chicken nuggets.  This evening I got a text from Karen. She said she was stopping by in about 15 minutes but wouldn't come in--she just wanted to drop something off for us.  When I answered the door she brought this bag out from behind her.  Chicken nuggets!!!!  She couldn't know how much her sweet gesture meant to me but it was everything and just what I needed to remember how many blessings I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment