Sunday, September 16, 2018

My Alligator

Unfortunately, we didn't go to Florida with the California Duncan's so I didn't get any lessons on wrestling alligators.  Today it would have come in handy.  Taking a shower has not been an activity that Grandpa was interested in and it was definitely something that he didn't enjoy.  By the time I get him in the shower and cleaned up, he and I are both soaking wet and both of us are exhausted.  This morning I gave him his breakfast and then got everything ready to have him take his shower.  I told him that it was time to take his shower and he told me NO!  I tried several ways of coaxing him but to no avail.  I finally turned off the water and decided I'd have to come up with a Plan B.  Today Grandpa had a sponge bath and I suspect that this will become the new normal.  Believe me he wasn't happy about that either!  I think he said Owww, your hurting me about 50 times in the process of cleaning him off.  The next challenge was how to clean his hair.  I knew I couldn't get him to lean over the sink so I could shampoo him so I sat him in a chair, wrapped a big towel around him and then sprayed his head with my mist bottle.  I then applied shampoo and gave him a good scrub.  Once I got all the shampoo out and combed his hair he looked pretty good!  I have to admit it was kind of nice not being soaking wet.

Moral of this story is:  If you have an alligator to wrestle, don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment