Thursday, February 25, 2021

Dose 1!

 I was able to get my first Covid immunization yesterday.  I learned when you want to do this you have to be extremely diligent until you find a place available for the shot.  I am happy to say that the only problem I had as a result of the vaccination was a tender arm later in the day.  After I got the shot they had me wait fifteen minutes before I left.  As I sat there a memory of my mom's came into my mind.  When she was little she went to live with her Aunt Grace and Uncle Bill.  She stayed the week with them and went to a Catholic school.  Shortly after moving there she had to have a shot that was being given at the school.  She was little and very afraid and worried about it.  Shortly after arriving at the school she was taken into the shot area with other kids.  She said the closer she got the more terrified she became.  When she reached the head of the line she was almost starting to cry when someone reached down and took her hand.  When she looked up her Aunt Grace stood beside her with a smile on her face.  She got the shot and didn't cry at all.  I loved that story so much.  I wish all of you could have known Aunt Grace.  She was such a loving and kind woman and my mother adored her.  Actually I did too!

My 2nd dose is scheduled for March 25.  I feel I need to give all of you a heads up.  Two weeks after that shot is given I am having a mask burning party.  I realize that I may be arrested for blatant disregard for the Covid rules.  I'm counting on all of you helping Aunt Amy get the bail money if I end up in the slammer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment