Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Grandma's Spring Break

I headed to California on Wednesday for a few days.  While there I was able to go to two volleyball games that Caleb played in.  Ellis is going to have some competition!  Heard some beautiful piano music.  Helped Aunt Angela make flowers for her Relief Society Spring Fling and then attended the incredibly impressive program that evening.  Each ward was asked to share their talents with skits and dancing and to bring items to display of special talents they have.  I laughed so much at the skits and cried as I saw the love the sisters had for each other as they cheered and clapped. 200 sisters throughout the stake came!  I learned a few steps of the Salsa that they taught us as well.  On Friday night I got to see Ava perform in her Color Guard competition.  How grateful I was to be able to see Ava doing a great job for her team as they competed against four other high schools.  BEST PERFORMANCE EVER!  I know I'm prejudice but I'm not the only one who was impressed.  Their team was given a First Place Trophy from the judges.  On Saturday morning Caleb and Ava and I went to breakfast at IHOP and in the afternoon took a ride to see the wonderful architecture of downtown Fresno.  And to finish off a great day we enjoyed an Irish feast with corned beef and cabbage.  



These are the tissue flowers we made to decorate
for the Spring Fling that Aunt Angela put together








No comments:

Post a Comment