Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Owen

This morning Owen performed at the After Chapel Concert for the Concordia Seminary.  I was so grateful that I was able to hear the amazing job Owen did.  It brought back some sweet memories of when he came to visit Grandpa and I and we were able to listen to him practice while he was there.  Aunt Becky sent me a copy of the program and I wanted to share the  "About the Artist" that was printed on the program.  I included a picture Aunt Becky took and one I took from the TV while I was watching it live-streamed.  I noticed during the concert a photographer and I hope that I will be able to get some close ups of him actually performing.  He is truly a gifted trombonist.  Thank you Owen for your dedication to composing and performing such beautiful music.  



About the Artist:  Owen Duncan is a fourth-year Master of Divinity student at Concordia Seminary.  He is a composer and trombonist who hails from Fargo, ND.  He received a Bachelor of Arts from Concordia University, Irvine, California, where he majored in music and English.  There he studied music composition with Dr. Tom Mueller and had the opportunity to write and arrange music for the university's jazz band, wind orchestra, symphony orchestra, choir and various ensembles.  In 2020 he received the Richard Hillert Award in Student Composition from the Center for Church Music at Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Illinois and the Association of Lutheran Church Musicians for his work I Am Still Seeking You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment