Wednesday, February 7, 2024

California Duncans

I was able to talk with Aunt Angela and Ava last night and I loved an activity that Ava was doing with the Young Women in her ward.  Each girl was asked to bring a favorite family recipe to share with each other and tell about how it came to be.  Ava made the bread stick recipe that I had made for years.  It originally came from Judy Claybaugh when she brought our family dinner one time.  I am so spoiled by how good it is that I honestly don't bother to eat breadsticks when I go to Olive Garden because they aren't near as good as our recipe.  Besides sharing the breadsticks and the recipe Ava shared how this became a family favorite.  

Ava has started Winter Guard again and for the next few months will be performing with her team throughout the area.  This will be her last season since she graduates this year.  I'm sure she wows them.  Uncle Andy said she is definitely the best on the team!  And you know Uncle Andy always tells the truth!


I don't know if I mentioned this before but an Afghanistan refugee family moved into the stake boundarie.  Another Relief Society president from their previous stake asked if their stake members would be willing to help the family get settled into their home.  Since before Christmas Aunt Angela has been working with the family and they have grown very fond of the Duncan family and the Duncan family has grown very fond of them.  On a recent visit the girls in the family decorated Ava's hands with a removable tattoo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment