Sunday, February 18, 2018

Back in the Family

I have spent a wonderful week scanning old family photographs that belonged to my parents.  Bless my sweet mothers heart for taking time to write names on the back of her pictures!  Once each picture was scanned I was able to then open the familysearch.org and insert them into the pedigree charts so that family who look will be able to see what some of their ancestors looked like.  For me it was wonderful to spend each afternoon enjoying fond memories I had of so many of them.

By the end of the project I had scanned in over 100 pictures.  In the process I made a discovery.  I had a beautiful picture of a girl named Ueral McGriff but when I went to add her to a family I couldn't find her on any of the family records.  Once I had completed inserting the pictures I closed that program out and decided it was time to find out where Ueral belonged.  I never met her but did remember my mom talking about her Aunt Ueral.  Fortunately I began a search for her and also fortunately she had such an unusual name that I only had about five possibilities.  Not only did I find her but I got her birth and death information.  I have her spouses name and their marriage date and the name of the daughter they had.   It was a wonderful feeling to be able to put her in with her parents and siblings on the family group sheet.  I hope there will come a time when she will have her temple work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment