Thursday, February 22, 2018

Thank You!


The shooting at the high school in Florida has really weighed heavy on my heart.  I kept thinking of how horrendous it would be to send your children off to school one morning and find out that they would not be coming home in the afternoon.  How grateful I am for the knowledge that those parents will some day be able to see their children again.  Working at an elementary school was such a wonderful experience and I have to admit I loved every day of it.  Green Tree East was a unique school with probably 95% of the students living at poverty levels.  In spite of their challenges they were the sweetest kids.  And lucky for them they had some of the best adults guiding them towards something better.  With that in mind I wanted to do something for the staff at Green Tree East so I did what I do--bake cupcakes.  I spent yesterday baking and this morning I frosted over 60 cupcakes.  Scott and I delivered them before their lunch started.  I wrote a note thanking them for all they do for children who often don't have anyone to tell them they are great.  Teaching is a vocation (at least when you are a great teacher) and I always felt that the teachers that I worked with were doing the job because they loved children.  It was nice to be able to at least say "thank you" when there was little else that I can do..


Lemon-Blueberry Cupcakes

Chocolate S'mores Cupcakes

Churro Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment