Sunday, April 8, 2018

Update

Ava was visiting and she took this picture of me shaving dad.  I am noticing several things that make me think that he is starting to lose more of his ability to function.  For the last two weeks he doesn't want to walk which was something he always looked forward to.  I still take him to the spot but he either refuses to get out of the car or gets out and walks a few steps and then turns around and gets back in the car.  Our daily drives are much shorter and he is ready to get back home which is great for our gas budget.  He still loves his ice cream at McD's but a couple of time he doesn't finish it.  His anxiety has returned a little and when we went to Walmart to pick up our pre-ordered groceries he got out of the car and took off.  I found him inside the store pushing a cart he had taken from another lady.  Again, I am grateful for kind people!  Things like putting his belt on is much more difficult for him and I often have to help him tie his shoes now.  Most days he can't remember my name and calls me Andy, which is fine.  His eating is still "iffy" and at times he eats really well but most of the time he eats about half of whatever I prepare for him.  I have tried to make anything that he use to enjoy but that doesn't seem to help.  I now cut up his meat and finger foods don't work at all.  I recently gave him half a sandwich and a cup of fruit.  I looked over and he was trying to use the spoon to eat the sandwich.  He is having more trouble sleeping which we had experienced earlier but even if he wakes up he doesn't get out of bed until I do.  I am afraid that he requires more help in the bathroom and last week we had major drama which required a shower, new clothes, and extra laundry.  I replaced the deadbolt lock on the front door with one that requires a key just in case he wants to leave the house.  Yesterday he bent down to pick up a sock and put his back out and this morning he again was in terrible pain.  It took about an hour before he could help me get him on his feet but he is still in his pajamas.  Every day is an adventure around here but we are doing fine.  Uncle Bill and Aunt Bev are coming over this week and I am looking forward to having them visit for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment