Saturday, August 24, 2019

Thinking of You!

Nineteen years ago I walked to my dad's bedside in the hospital.  As I walked up he asked, "Is it time to go Mama?"  Little did I realize that within a few minutes he would have a massive heart attack and would be gone.  Now with his mother that he grieved the loss of for so many years.  Four years later a beautiful baby girl would join our family on that day.  Eleven years later another grandson would also be born on August 24th.  I have always believed that those births were the tender mercies that often comes to us when we need to be reminded that someone is thinking of us and cheering us on.  I still miss my dad and often think of the things I learned from him.  He was a very smart man who often was like a bull in a china shop.  I had the privilege of seeing him mellow out as he grew older and delighted in the love he had for his grandchildren.  He was so proud of all of them and I know that he is still proud of what each one of them has accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment