Monday, October 7, 2019

Pink Eye

I have seen more pink eye than most people because of working in an elementary school.  In spite of that when my eye started hurting I ignored it until I could hardly stand the pain any more.  Sure enough at almost 70 I managed to have an annoying, painful, and itchy case of pink eye.  I always think I have a high tolerance of pain but this has really challenged my ability to cope with the challenges of taking care of Grandpa.  Empathy doesn't always come for others when you are also in pain and I have found myself to be less patient and more frustrated by his antics.  I was able to get medication thanks to Aunt Amy calling a family friend who is a PA so I didn't have to go to the doctor to get help.  Because I didn't deal with it right away the healing is taking longer than I would like but hopefully I will be back to clear eyes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment