Tuesday, March 24, 2020

The Fall

Sadly Grandpa had a bad fall last night.  I heard him fall and went right in to find him dripping blood and totally disoriented.  I called the fire department and they came and checked him out.  I'm waiting this morning for the hospice nurse to come by.  He has a gash over his eye and as you can see a pretty bad black eye.  The paramedics put him back in bed for me but soon after they left he kept trying to get up.  I had the bed-rail up but that wasn't much of a deterrent.  I finally gave up and helped him into the livingroom where he slept sitting up all night.  He actually slept really well until about 5 a.m.  Unfortunately, he is still in the same place on the couch because when I try to help him he yelps in pain.  I suspect he is just badly bruised from the fall and because he has so little strength he can't get up.  I have fed him and gave him his medicine and hopefully once the nurse comes I can get him cleaned up and changed.  I hope the couch can recover from me not thinking to put a pad down before he sat down!

No comments:

Post a Comment