Sunday, September 27, 2020

Back to Church

 I went to my first Sacrament meeting this morning.  One of the things I love about being a member of the Church is that every building is very similar and you always feel at home the minute you sit down in the chapel.  Today I felt that way.  I have to be honest.  I did cry throughout the whole meeting but fortunately it was only about 40 minutes and thankfully I had a mask that I could use for a "hankie"!  I thought today as I sat in a pew by myself (social distancing!)  how much I always took for granted.  If dad wasn't beside me he was on the stand where I could see him.  Today I think it hit me how hard it is to be a widow.  I did learn an important beauty tip though--don't wear mascara until you get through the crying phase!  It was actually a beautiful meeting with one of the Sister missionaries speaking and I loved seeing all of the sweet families around me.  Each week will get easier as I meet and make new friends.  I'm just so thankful to be back where I belong.  The truth continues--everything good in my life has come because I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! 

No comments:

Post a Comment