Sunday, October 4, 2020

Conference


 I love this picture of Grandpa.  During conference in October of 2018 Grandpa got up and walked towards the television.  I thought he was just going to walk around the house which he often did.  Instead he stopped in front of the TV and watched and listened to the speaker.  It really touched my heart at the time that although he didn't know who was speaking anymore he knew something important was being said and he didn't want to miss a word of it. 

Watching conference yesterday there were many moments when I thought of him and how much he would have loved the talks that were given.  He would have been taking copious notes!  Towards the end of the first session I was surprised by the ice cream truck that comes into the apartment complex a couple of times a week.  I could not help but smile when it got close to the house and the music being played was "You are my Sunshine!"  Every night when I would get grandpa to bed I would always sing that song to him before I left the room.  And every time I sang it I would get chocked up when I sang, "please don't take my sunshine away."  I love little moments  that remind me that dad is well and I am going to be okay.   


No comments:

Post a Comment