Wednesday, October 6, 2021

It's Fall!

You may think that Arizonans don't know what Fall looks like.  We definitely have to work a little harder at it but when the temperature gets into the 90's and stays there for at least a week then that means "it's Fall y'all!"  Grandpa and I spent two falls in New Hampshire and there is nothing like it.  When you live in Arizona you have to improvise and imagine.  Yesterday Aunt Amy helped me get my fall on and every time I walk out my apartment door I love remembering how wonderful it is when even though the leaves aren't changing colors the days are cooler and the nights are wonderful.  Now is the time to come and visit in Arizona!

When I was working at Green Tree East School I started a tradition at the school.  Each October I would decorate the cafeteria stage to look like a pumpkin patch.  It always turned out so nice and the week of Halloween the kids were allowed to bring carved pumpkins to the school and they were put all over the stage.  I still remember how much I loved hearing the children as they came in and saw the stage full of carved pumpkins intermingled among the pumpkin patch.  I wonder if Perry, Ellis, and Ava remember that?





No comments:

Post a Comment