Monday, January 31, 2022

Nooo!

I was minding my own business thinking about getting home in time to watch the Rifleman when a car turned a corner in such a wide turn that it tore up the whole side of my beautiful new car!  With the help of a gentleman walking his dog we were eventually able to get the door opened so I could remove myself.  About the same time I got out of my car the sweet lady who ran into my red hot vehicle came out of her car apologizing over and over.  I actually felt worse for her than I did for myself!   I had just left Aunt Amy's house and I called her right away.  I have to be honest I was in a little bit of  a stupor and having her come and take care of all the details was wonderful.  The police came, had us show all of our documentation of car ownership and insurance which fortunately we both had.  After that I was able to call my insurance company and I'm now waiting for what comes next.  My trip to Utah has been put on hold which makes me sad but as soon as all the details are worked out I hope to be on the road heading north.  Tomorrow I'm going to Safeway to buy some flowers and then I'm going to take them to the lady who made a mistake and make sure she is okay.  I think she needs a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment