Sunday, March 27, 2022

Observation

I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being LOVE it and 1 being DON'T CARE FOR IT!) I would rate my love of flying at about 3.  Taking off and landing absolutely terrifies me.  And when I'm floating in a big tuna can that holds people of all weights and sizes and actually flies through the air--I marvel at the invention of air travel.  Then I practice in my mind how I won't scream all the way down if I end up on a plane that is going to crash.  I don't want to be the woman that President Nelson talked about in Conference! Instead I would close my eyes and say quietly I'm coming Scott...I'm coming!   After I get through all of those scenarios I then look out the window and absolutely love seeing the beautiful earth that was created and that I get to see patches of His handiwork because I am flying above the earth.  It is then that I realize that my 3 jumps to 8 and we are blessed to be able to fly all over the world in a matter of hours.  See the tops of mountains covered in snow or a desert that is beautiful even though it is barren.  See the massiveness of the Grand Canyon or the Mississippi River that meanders through the United States.  It's all perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment