Sunday, April 3, 2022

Joy and Sadness

The 192nd General Conference just ended and I have to admit I shed some tears.  Two weekends out of the year I get to listen to a prophet's voice and hear the word of God.  Not only our dear prophet but those apostles who serve with him and give me insight, courage, and hope to move forward.  Today I missed Grandpa.  I didn't have him to share my enthusiasm with, to ask him which talk he loved the most and to share goals that I set for myself and those he had set for himself during this sacred weekend.  It made me think of Grandma Duncan and realize now why she always called our house to talk to Grandpa after a session that she especially loved.  He made it a point to call her after the priesthood session of conference to share what he had learned and then they spent a good deal of time talking about gospel subjects.  I missed watching him take copious notes of what they speakers were saying.  It is hard to say I had a favorite talk because I was so affected by each speaker.  I don't know if it was because in the last two months I had the opportunity to read the biographies of President Nelson, President Oakes, President Eyring and President Ballard.  Each one I read I came to see how they were prepared to become the leaders of the church as they dealt with challenges, directions their lives should take, and the courage to do what needed to be done to serve the Lord.  The women who spoke in the sessions were amazing as well and I found so much knowledge that will help me in the coming months.  The gospel is true!  

No comments:

Post a Comment