Monday, October 24, 2022

California

I had such a great time during my trip to California and Utah.  While in California I was able celebrate Ava's birthday with a Mexican dinner and a piece of her birthday pie afterwards.  On Friday I went with Aunt Angela as we drove to various houses in the stake so she could deliver invitations for an upcoming Women's Conference.  I got to see Ava perform with her color guard team and also a little high school football.  Saturday morning Uncle Andy, Caleb and I went on a short hike (I know!  Uncle Andy took me to a nice flat hike and walked slow so I could keep up!)  We had some amazing BBQ for lunch and then Caleb and I got to hang out and watch Winter Soldiers while his mom and dad were at a work party and Ava was at a band competition.  On Sunday we enjoyed church together and then the Dahlberg's (Nana and Papa) came for a Bulgarian dinner made by Uncle Andy.  He served a Beef and Vegetable Casserole, a bean soup, a salad that was excellent, and for dessert a Walnut cake.  It was five layers with a cholate mousse cream filling between each layer and a chocolate ganache frosting with a coconut garnish on top.  YUM!  Enjoyed some excellent piano playing by Ava and Caleb.  It was a wonderful few days with my favorite California people.      






No comments:

Post a Comment