Sunday, November 13, 2022

Knock Me Over With a Feather!

I opened an email this morning from Family Search.  I was excited to see that it was my fathers Draft Registration card.  Imagine my surprise when I found out that his title was "security building elevator boy" when he filled out his form.  For those of us that knew my dad this title really brings a smile.  He was 18 years old and according to this he weighed 142 lbs.  (that would have been the case if he was soaking wet and wearing combats boots!)  He did have the most beautiful blue eyes and although his hair was very black all of my life, apparently he was a blondie when he was younger.  Another surprise to me was that he had a scar on his back.  He never walked around without a shirt on so I guess I missed that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment