Saturday, April 22, 2023

Graduation Week

This coming week Meg and Lexy will graduate.  They have both worked hard and have accomplished much at Brigham Young University.   I posted earlier a picture of Meg doing her Senior Project and today I wanted to share Lexy's profile of her time at BYU. 

What is the best learning 

experience you had at BYU?

The best learning experience I had was working as a French student instructor for 4 semesters and 2 terms. My students taught me so much, and learning how to teach as an undergraduate improved my pedagogy and French-language skills. I also acquired professional competencies that will help me as I pursue further education and work.  

Activities

French student instructor, fall 2021-spring 2023. France service internship for Les Petits Frères des Pauvres in Toulouse and Sète, summer 2022. Research with Drs. Rose and McBride, winter 2023. Child psychopathology class teaching assistant for Dr. Jensen, fall 2022.

What's next for you?

In the coming year, I plan on living abroad and teaching English in the Middle East and in Morocco. Once my husband and I settle back in the United  States, I plan on pursuing a master's degree in second language.

Who are you grateful for as you reflect on your college experience?

I am grateful for Dr. Céline Rose and the French department professors who have changed my whole life trajectory. Thanks to them, I have discovered a passion for teaching French and aspire to be like them one day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment